It builds strong bones Being high in calcium, iron and other vitamins, drumsticks help in strengthening bones. When consumed either in the form of a juice or with milk on a regular basis, it is found to raise the bone density and enhance bone health in kids. Read more about 7 surprising foods for healthy bones.
- It purifies blood The leaves and pods of this green vegetable posses blood purifying properties and it also acts as a potent antibiotic agent. The regular consumption of drumsticks, either in the form of soups or juices, reduces acne and other related skin problems.
- It lowers blood sugar levels Drumstick leaves significantly reduce the blood glucose levels in the body and help in controlling diabetes. It is also found to enhance gall bladder function, which in turn helps to lower sugar levels, helping you live a healthier life.
- It eases respiratory problems In case you suffer from a sore throat, cough or congestion, drink a cup of drumstick soup. The anti-inflammatory properties of drumsticks help in relieving a wide range of respiratory complications by flushing out your toxic load. It acts as an effective natural remedy to fight against lung diseases such as asthma, bronchitis and tuberculosis.
- It is good for pregnant women It is recommended that women should eat drumsticks during pregnancy as it helps in delivery and also eases pre and post delivery complications. The presence of essential vitamins and minerals in this vegetable reduces the sluggishness of the uterus along with boosting the milk production after delivery. Here are 10 diet dos anddon tsduring pregnancy by expert dietician.
- It protects against infections The leaves and flowers of drumstick contain antibacterial agents that help in preventing a wide range of infections related to the throat and skin. It also contains high levels of vitamin C, which boosts the immune activity and helps in eliminating the harmful free radicals from the body.
- It helps in digestion.